Three-row midsize SUV builds on signature versatility and active safety features, with larger 17.7-inch-diagonal touchscreen advanced technology and more
Redesigned from the ground up, the all-new 2024 Chevrolet Traverse strengthens Chevy’s position in the midsize-SUV segment. Offering bold design with more SUV-like proportions, key safety features with families in mind, combined with greater horsepower and torque from an all-new engine. The new Traverse is positioned to stand out in its highly competitive segment and grow its customer base thanks to the new off-road capable Z71 model.
“Our new Traverse is designed and engineered to act and look more like an SUV,” said Scott Bell, vice president, Chevrolet. “Led by the all-new Z71, the 2024 Traverse builds on the success of its predecessor and will undoubtedly enable us to be in more customer driveways.”
The four distinct trims — LS, LT, Z71 and RS — offer unique design and greater content choices, with all-new and enhanced safety features and technologies across the lineup.
All models are powered by an all-new 2.5L turbocharged engine that delivers a GM-estimated 315 horsepower and GM-estimated 317 lb.-ft. of torque, delivering more power than the previous models, including a 19% increase in torque. It is paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission and all-wheel drive is available — including an off-road-capable twin-clutch AWD system unique to the Z71.
All-new Traverse Z71
The Traverse Z71 answers the call of experience-seeking adventurers who are bringing the family and their gear along for the journey, with a roster of off-road-capable features that include as standard:
· More than one-inch increased ground clearance coupled with increased track width for added stability, handling and capability
· All-terrain tires bring increased capability coupled with 18-inch wheels designed exclusively for Z71
· Unique front fascia purposely designed for improved approach angle, with an aluminum skid plate and signature Z71 red tow
· Twin-clutch AWD system designed to optimize traction and handling in off-road driving conditions
· Unique dampers with hydraulic rebound control to improve off-road-capability
· Specific Terrain Mode within the driver-selectable drive modes
· Hill Descent Control
· Standard trailering package
More standard safety and driver assistance features than ever
When it comes to safety and driver assistance technologies, the 2024 Traverse delivers with meaningful features, starting with standard Chevy Safety Assist2 — a suite of safety features and driver assistance technologies that includes:
· Automatic Emergency Braking
· Forward Collision Alert following
· Distance Indicator
· Lane Keep Assist with Lane Departure Warning
· IntelliBeam® High Beam Assist
· Front Pedestrian and Bicyclist Braking.12
All Traverse trims come with an updated Buckle to Drive feature that requires the front-seat passenger as well as the driver to be buckled before driving, and Teen Driver2. Rear Seat Belt Reminder is also new, which alerts the driver if second or third row passengers have taken off their seat belt. Features like Buckle to Drive and Rear Seat Belt Reminder in the Traverse are strong reminders for drivers and their passengers to buckle every time they are in the vehicle.
Bold, rugged design
Framed by an all-new, more purposeful silhouette, the styling of the redesigned Traverse balances crossover- and truck-inspired design elements to give the vehicle a rugged, ready-for-anything presence.
A planted stance, with wheels pushed to the corners and strong-appearing shoulders, add to the commanding presence.
“The bold exterior of the all-new Traverse helps redefine its role and capability for customers,” said Phil Zak, executive design director, Global Chevrolet. “It is as versatile as ever, but with an increased focus on capability that reflects the spirit of its owners.”
Each trim has its own personality, achieved with unique accents and additional details including:
· All-new front and rear lighting, including standard LEDs
· Walk-up lighting animation that greets owners as they approach their vehicle (with an enabled key) on RS
· Standard true dual-exhaust system with bright chrome quad tips
· Available AutoSense Liftgate, a first for Traverse
· New panoramic dual-glass sunroof with power sunshade is available on LT, Z71 and standard on RS
· Three all-new exterior colors: Lakeshore Blue, Stardust and Harvest Bronze
The RS trim is elevated with premium features and design elements that infuse it with a sporty demeanor, including:
· RS interior and exterior badging
· All-new 22-inch high-gloss black aluminum wheels available option
· Unique suspension tuning for sportier ride-and-handling characteristics
· Blackout accents on the grille, roof rails and moldings
· Distinctive interior cues including a three-spoke, flat-bottom steering wheel, headrest detailing and a Jet Black theme with red accents
· Standard second row one-touch power-folding seats to improve access for third row occupants
Coming in 2024
The all-new 2024 Chevrolet Traverse will be available in the Middle East in 2024, with production to take place at GM’s Lansing Delta Township facility in Michigan9. Exact delivery and arrival dates will be communicated closer to the time.
Additional details, including pricing, will be announced closer to the start of production. More information is available at www.chevrolet.com.